We are seeking experienced Chefs/Cooks to join our team to support the military base at RAF Mildenhall. These cook/chef positions are Full Time.
Your job You will prepare and cook all different kinds of food from short-order grill, main entrées (Lasagna, Beef Stew, Grilled steak, Lobster Etc.), vegetables, starches, and gravies. This is a cafeteria style operation, where a quarterly sit down meal service for a specialty meal such as Birthday Meal, or Valentine’s Day is offered.
• Ability to perform simple cooking tasks such as slicing, dicing, cutting, chopping, flouring, dredging, breading, measuring, and weighing.
• Can prepare items requiring little or no processing such as pancakes, sausage, eggs, hamburgers, fresh/canned vegetables, etc.
• Can prepare hot cereals, dehydrated soups, pizza, and cold sandwiches, etc.
• Can prepare fried convenience items such as hash browns, chicken nuggets, egg rolls, etc.
• Can prepare side dishes such as beans, rice, potatoes, etc.
• Can prepare pasta.
• Can cook short order grill items.
• Can roast, broil, bake, fry, fillet, saute, boil, steam, stew, and grill meats.
• Can prepare soups, stocks, glazes, broths, gravies, sauces, and puddings without the use of packaged mixes.
• Can prepare salads and desserts such as jello, cookies, puddings, etc.
• Can prepare entire meals requiring coordination of multiple items and cooking times.
• Can meet cooking and preparation deadlines.
• Is proficient in operating and cleaning all kitchen equipment.
• Can ensure proper steps and quantities in food preparation are followed.
• Can read, understand, follow, and scale established English recipes.
• Must have basic knowledge of methods and procedures related to food preparation.
• At least one year of experience in preparing food items and using kitchen equipment
• Certification/qualification such as Level 1 City and Guilds or other comparable qualification preferred – however suitable experience can be substituted for formal qualifications
Set schedule, 40 hours per week.
• Rate – £8 – £9.50 per hour
• Paid holidays