DEPARTMENT OF DFA NUTRITION FOOD SERVICE WORKER
Responsible for preparing and cooking all food items for regular and modified diets required for retail service and for patient meal service IAW standardized recipes, production planning sheets, and guidance provided by government supervisor on duty. Prepares all meal items in preparation for meal service as assigned by government supervisor on duty; prepares baked items; performs progressive cooking to ensure meal service for both patients and staff are of the highest quality throughout the entire meal service. Adheres to safety and sanitation procedures in accordance with (IAW) local Preventive Medicine (PM) sanitation guidelines and policies, Occupational Safety & Health Administration (OSHA), and other regulatory guidance. Reports malfunctioning equipment and inadequate supplies to immediate government supervisor. Adheres to food safety precautions throughout food production processes; monitors and documents food temperatures throughout production and service. Alerts supervisor to any potential threats to food safety and takes appropriate action to avoid risk to consumers and patients.
FOOD SERVICE WORKER
Education, Qualification: High School Diploma or Equivalent plus salad or veg prep experience
- Ability to stand for prolonged period of time, walk and lift up to 75 pounds with assistance.
- Ability to perform task in noisy areas where floors are frequently wet.
- Maintains courteous and respectful relationships in the workplace
SPECIFIC DUTIES/TASKS: FOOD SERVICE WORKER DUTIES SHALL PERFORM BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
- The Food Service Worker shall perform the following procedures, as required, and in strict compliance with standing orders and protocols set forth by the MTF to include, but will not necessarily be limited to the following:
- Set up cafeteria lines, steam tables, dining room tables, and side service stands with hot and cold food items.
- Serve food cafeteria style by placing uniform portions of food on customers’ plates.
- Set up dining room tables for service.
- Perform assistance to patients through the serving line by placing food items on their tray and carrying trays to patient’s tables.
- Set up and operate mechanical dishwasher.
- Scrape, soak, scour, and scrub heavier cooking utensils, pots, and pans.
- Perform heavy duty cleaning tasks throughout the food service and related areas such as cleaning ceilings, cleaning under and behind kitchen equipment, washing floors and walls, cleaning walk-in refrigerators and freezers.
- Move heavy garbage cans when collecting and transferring trash from work area to disposal area.
- Sweep and mop work area floors. Clean and sanitize equipment and work areas.
- Prep and Prepare sandwiches for service while handling bread knives and sandwich heating equipment, i.e. panini makers and toasters.